Creating a music history research paper: 10 interesting ideas
When coming up with ideas for a music history research paper, there are a few simple methods you can try to jolt your inspiration a little. Try these:
Source a good music history timeline and pick a time period you feel comfortable writing about. If you like, you can pick a genre and discuss it over several time lines. Analyze how it evolved and adapted to the culture. Here are some ideas:
- The classic era of music and how it changed from early composers to more recent ones
- The start of rock music and how it has evolved to date
- How did Hip Hop start as a genre?
Unconventional music history
Take the road less travelled and go way back into the less studied of music history genres. This can be anything your professor and classmates wouldn’t expect you to write, but here are two to get you thinking:
- Celtic music: What we know about Celtic music and its influence on modern day folk music
- Puritan hymn writers: How reformed theology was turned into music by the puritans
Music and its purpose in history
There have been times in history where music was used to counteract an injustice. What about music during times of war and insecurity? A couple of good examples of this would be:
- The Beatles: Their musical message of peace during the Vietnam War
- How music was used to increase the morale of British soldiers during the Second World War
Take a look at musicians
A good way to be a little bit different in your music history research paper approach is to look at the musicians instead of the music itself. Great composers, rock legends, and those who stepped out of the box to create something never before heard. Consider some of the following for your topic choice:
- Orff: The man behind the music of Carmina Burana
- The life of Ray Charles. What they didn’t show you in the movie, ‘Ray’
- The top five singing groups of the sixties. Those you wouldn’t soon forget
These topic suggestions should help you get started. Feel free to use them for your next research paper, or simply let them inspire you to think up your own. Whichever one you choose, be sure to match the style with the substance. Good luck.
Laura (US):Thank you so much for helping me out with my research paper! I struggled with it for several days and even asked my tutor to help me, but in the end, your manuals have saved my grade.
Tom (UK):Great and responsive customer support. I got a list of unique and interesting research topic at no cost. Thank you very much!
- Homework help websites
- Great topics for your term paper
- Do not fall victim to a fraud service
- Working on the discussion section
- PhD abstract composing
- Management essays: conclusion tips
Paper writing help
Instead of hiring expensive tutors to help make your reading and writing better, simply use the finished works from the online writing source you hired and make those examples of what your future personal writing should look like when completed. Since you’ll already be provided the proper formatting, all you’ll need to memorize is how to place the content within the provided outline.
What we do
Our team of professional academic writers do our best to create helpful, easy, yet powerful college and high school writing manuals to assist you with your papers. We write about:
- High school essays
- College research papers
- Graduate theses
Once you’ve gotten this down pat, you can increase your writing level and, of course, your class grades. Learning from your accidents can perhaps provide the greatest educational value of all. While millions of students aren’t ‘hip’ to buying the college papers online yet, many more people understand just how ordering custom papers online can save your grade from apparent ruin when you failed to write papers yourself.